Keira Knightley has seemingly ruled out a return to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise days after producer Jerry Bruckheimer hinted that Johnny Depp could be stepping back into Jack Sparrow’s boots.
While Keira, 37, made it clear she has no plans to reprise her role as Elizabeth Swan, Jerry, 79, said he’d ‘love’ to see 59-year-old Johnny back as Jack when speaking at Sunday’s Oscars.
When asked about Elizabeth at the premiere of her new film Boston Strangler this week, doting mum Keira said: ‘What about Elizabeth Swan?’
Suggesting she’d let the character go, Keira added to ET: ‘I mean, she sailed away so nicely. She sailed away in brilliant style.’
But when Jerry was asked if he could share any details about the long-rumoured sixth Pirates film at last week’s Academy Awards, he told the outlet: ‘We’re all working on it [the next Pirates film]. We’ll see how it comes out. We’re very excited, I think we’re gonna have a great screenplay when, and we’re getting close.’
Asked whether Johnny would return, he added: ‘We’ll see. I would love it. I would love to have him in the movie – that’s all that I can tell you.’
It’s not the first time Jerry has made it clear he’d love for Johnny to return to the iconic role of Captain Jack Sparrow.
Speaking in December, he told The Hollywood Reporter: ‘I would love to have him in the movie. He’s a friend, a terrific actor and it’s unfortunate that personal lives creep into everything we do.’
Jerry was of course referring to Johnny’s bitter and highly-publicised libel trial against ex-wife Amber Heard.
As the trial played out in front of millions, a Disney executive said Johnny was no longer a part of the series with writers wanting to bring in ‘new energy’, and the actor himself said he had no desire to return.
But by the sound of it, decisions may well have been reversed…
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
MORE : Prince Harry expected to ‘face music’ alone at King’s Coronation without Meghan
MORE : EastEnders casts Doctor Who star as violent villain who targets Stacey
Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.