Miracle quake rescues STILL taking place after 100hrs including brave tots despite 21k deaths…as Sun readers raise £600k
MIRACLE rescues of earthquake survivors are continuing as they are pulled from the rubble after 100 hours buried alive.
Brave tots who’ve clung to life under the wreckage are among those being carried to safety as the death toll in Turkey and Syria has now passed 21,500.
Generous Sun readers have now raised £600,000 and Britain will send aid workers to help those whose lives have been shattered by Monday’s massive 7.8 earthquake.
The quake struck at around 4.20am and its several aftershocks have left devastation across an area that’s home to 13.5 million people.
Aerial footage shows entire neighbourhoods of high-rises reduced to twisted metal, pulverised concrete and exposed wires.
Since the quake struck rescuers have been desperately scouring the remains and against all hope are still finding survivors.
After 103 hours under rubble, Zeynep Ela Parlak, was located under a collapsed building in Hatay on Friday morning.
She was plucked to safety and taken away in a blanket by rescuers.
Also rescued was 10-day-old baby Yagiz Ulas, who was pulled out of a collapsed building in Samandag, along with his mum after 90 hours.
Video showed him wrapped in protective foil as he was carried to safety in the arms of rescue workers.
Before dawn in Gaziantep, near the epicenter of the quake in Turkey, rescuers pulled Adnan Muhammed Korkut from the basement where had been trapped.
The 17-year-old beamed a smile at friends and relatives who chanted “Adnan, Adnan” clapping and crying tears of joy as he was carried out and put onto a stretcher.
“Thank God you arrived,” he said, embracing his mother and others who leaned down to kiss and hug him as he was being loaded into an ambulance.
Trapped for 94 hours the teenager said he had been forced to drink his own urine.
“I was able to survive that way,” he said.
Pictures show Sebahat Varli, 32, and her 10 year-old son Serhat Varli being rescued from under rubble of a collapsed building 101 hours in the Turkish city Diyarbakir.
In the southern city of Hatay, three-year-old Rami was shown in the hands of a rescuer after him and mum Aya were found after being trapped for 82 hours.
The rescue of survivors come despite an expert warning that yesterday was the day when “we’ll stop finding people alive”.
It comes as….
- Desperate survivors made homeless by the quake are living in freezing conditions after their homes were destroyed.
- Heartbreaking video shows a little girl protecting her brother while stuck under rubble before they’re saved.
- Mystery surrounds the fate of former Premier League star Christian Atsu, who was buried under the rubble, amid conflicting reports.
- Love Island star Belle Hassan and her dad Tamer have lost family in the devastating earthquake that hit Turkey and Syria.
- Fears are growing for an entire school volleyball team trapped under rubble following the catastrophic earthquakes in Turkey.
- Claims Turkey had failed prepare for a quake “for 20 years” and wasted £3.8bn in emergency funds raised with special tax.
- Britain will send up to 100 more aid workers to Turkey to save lives after the devastating earthquake.
- Ex-Dragons’ Den tycoon Theo Paphitis has boosted The Sun’s Earthquake Appeal by £5,000.
Turkey’s disaster management agency said 18,342 people had been confirmed killed in the disaster so far, with nearly 75,000 injured.
More than 3,300 have been confirmed killed on the other side of the border in war-torn Syria, bringing the total number of dead to more than 21,600.
The death toll has eclipsed the more-than 18,400 who died in the 2011 earthquake off Fukushima, Japan, that triggered a tsunami, and the 18,000 people who died in a near Istanbul in 1999.
No figures have been released on how many have been left homeless but it’s estimated more than 75,000 survivors have been evacuated to other provinces.
Overall, Turkey has said that some 6,500 buildings are confirmed to have collapsed in the quake.
The UK has now pledged will send up to 100 more aid workers to Turkey to save lives after the devastating earthquake.
Our aid teams will set up a field hospital with its own operating theatre and ward to treat casualties on the ground.
And the Defence and Foreign Secretaries have given the green light for a C130 Hercules plane to fly over to transport critically injured people out of the worst affected areas as soon as possible.
Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.