Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have been uninvited from Queen Elizabeth II’s pre-funeral reception at Buckingham Palace.
According to a new report from The Telegraph in the UK, the Sussexes “appear to have been uninvited” to King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla’s state reception at Buckingham Palace on Sunday evening — the night before the Queen’s funeral.
The couple received an invitation to the grand event — which will be attended by world leaders and royals from other countries — earlier this week, however they were then told the occasion was for “working members of the royal family only.”
Adding to the confusion, per The Telegraph palace aides “insist that they were not invited and were not expected to show up.”
Sources close to Harry and Meghan told the outlet they were “baffled” by the mixup.
Omid Scobie, The Sussexes’ friend and preferred journalist, tweeted confirmation the couple had originally been invited.
Among the hundreds of heads of state who will be in attendance for the Queen’s state funeral on Monday include Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese, New Zealand leader Jacinda Ardern, US President Joe Biden and French President Emmanuel Macron.
In the wake of the Queen’s death, the royal family have seemingly put their drama aside, with Harry and Meghan welcomed by The Firm despite stepping down as working members of the royal family in 2020.
But “uninviting” the couple from the pre-funeral reception follows similar mixed messages over Prince Harry wearing his military uniform.
Earlier in the week Harry was granted special permission to wear his military uniform at an upcoming vigil for his grandmother in what was described as a sensational backflip by Buckingham Palace.
Harry was forced to wear a suit instead of his military uniform as he stood next to the Queen’s coffin on Wednesday, despite serving in the British army for more than 10 years, where he rose to the rank of Captain.
While his family members stood in a solemn salute to the Queen, the grieving Duke of Sussex, alongside his uncle Prince Andrew, was not allowed to take part.
As non-working members of the royal family, the pair were not only stripped of the chance to wear military uniforms for Wednesday’s service, they were also made to bow their heads, rather than salute, in front of thousands of mourners.
At the state funeral on Monday, both Prince Andrew and Prince Harry will be in morning dress.
This weekend with The Sunday Times, a special 8-page pictorial wrap, The Queen in Colour. Amazing black and white photos of Her Majesty bought to life in spectacular colour for the first time. Only with The Sunday Times.
If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your .
Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.