Rod Stewart, 78, apologises for cancelling show after falling ill


Sir Rod Stewart has apologised to fans for cancelling a show due to illness but says he’s ‘only human’ (Picture: Redferns)

Sir Rod Stewart has apologised to fans after he was forced to cancel a show just hours before it was due to start.

The musician, 78, had been due to perform at A Day On The Green festival in Geelong, Australia on Saturday, along with Cyndi Lauper and Jon Stevens.

However the concert was cancelled last-minute, with Sir Rod and the festival itself announcing the news via a statement on Instagram.

Some Ticketholders were furious at the news, having already made their way to Geelong for the show and paid for hotels and babysitters.

Now Sir Rod has apologised to fans for the inconvenience – but pointed out that he is ‘only human’ and cannot help getting sick.

The Maggie May singer took to social media where he spoke directly to fans, starting off by writing: ‘Hello my friends.

‘I’m absolutely downhearted that I’m disappointing my fans who bought tickets to A Day On The Green.’

The star said he was ‘downhearted’ at being forced to cancel (Picture: PA)

He explained that ‘late this morning’ he was told y a doctor that he had ‘a viral infection,’ and his ‘throat is too irritated to sing.’

‘I’m only human and sometimes get sick just like you do. My greatest oy is performing for you, so I’m doing everything I can to get on the mend and back on stage!’

The star was met with an outpouring of love from followers who wished him well in his recovery.

As one put it: ‘We all want you to be well and at your best very soon.’

Another said: ‘Bless you Rod, yes you are human and you need to get well, here’s wishing you a very speedy recovery.’

A statement was released just two hours before the show was set to start advising people that ‘tonight’s performance by Rod Stewart, Cyndi Lauper and Jon Stevens at Mt Duneed Estate, Geelong will not go ahead due to illness.

‘We apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience for ticket holders. A further announcement regarding the concert arrangements will be made early next week.’

Sir Rod is next scheduled to perform on Tuesday at the AEC Arena in Adelaide followed by Sirromet Wines in Mt Cotton. It is not known whether these dates are affected.

The First Cut Is the Deepest singer is currently on a world tour, with gigs in countries such as Mexico, New Zealand and the States.

He will then return to the UK for a slew of performances in June in Plymouth, Northampton, Durham, Bristol, Hull and Edinburgh.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.


MORE : Sir Rod Stewart cancels world tour date last-minute due to illness


MORE : Johnny Depp confirmed for Jeff Beck tribute concert at London’s Royal Albert Hall, joining Sir Rod Stewart and Eric Clapton





Source link

Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.