Sir Ringo Starr has confirmed he is fit and well after battling Covid-19 as he resumes his tour after cancelling some of his dates.
The former Beatles drummer, 82, had been forced to cancel dates on his US tour at the start of October after contracting coronavirus.
Sir Ringo was over the moon to update fans on his recovery, sharing a photo of him with a negative Covid test around his neck.
He told his followers: ‘On the road again I will see you in Seattle on Tuesday the 11th Portland Wednesday I am negative peace and love everybody thanks for waiting. Ringo.’
Sir Ringo and his All Starr band had cancelled performances in Michigan and Minnesota, as well as five shows in Canada, a week earlier after he had come down with the virus.
His positive test was confirmed by his representative who revealed that the legendary musician would be recovering at home.
Sir Ringo’s reps said in a statement at the time: ‘Ringo hopes to resume as soon as possible and is recovering at home.
‘As always, he and the All Starrs send peace and love to their fans, and hope to see them back out on the road soon.’
Mystic Lake Casino had confirmed the shows had been pulled in a tweet at the time, which explained: ‘The Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band concert scheduled for 8 pm Sunday, October 2, 2022 has been postponed.
‘Ringo is sick and was hoping to be able to perform, hence the late notice, but it has affected his voice so tomorrow’s show is postponed.
‘Ringo does not have Covid-19. He and the band send peace and love to all the fans who were planning to come out and see the show. A rescheduled date will be announced in the future.’
The cancellations were the second time this year that Sir Ringo’s tour has been plagued by Covid, with two band members testing positive for the virus in June forcing the musician to postpone the shows.
He told fans at the time: ‘We are so sorry to let the fans down. It’s been wonderful to be back out on the road and we have been having such a great time playing for you all.
‘But as we all know, Covid is still here and despite being careful these things happen. I want to thank the fans for their patience, I send you all peace and love, and we can’t wait to be back in the Fall.’
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.