Terrifying video reveals how quickly water beads could kill your child


WATER beads are brightly coloured bits of plastic that are the size of a pinhead.

But these tiny polymer crystals can be dangerous if ingested by little ones.

2

Water beads are made of polymer crystals – which is a type of plasticCredit: Instagram/tinyheartseducation
The shocking video showed that when they are placed in water, they absorb it, making it larger than its original size

2

The shocking video showed that when they are placed in water, they absorb it, making it larger than its original sizeCredit: Instagram/tinyheartseducation

It was recently revealed that a baby was left with a nasty infection which could have given her brain damage.

Folichia Mitchell, mum-of-four, bought a water beads activity kit in late October for her 8-year-old son, who is on the autism spectrum.

But somehow, her 10-month-old baby daughter Kennedy got hold of the plastic beads and managed to swallow one leaving her on death’s door.

After ingesting the bead, little Kennedy was left with  septicemia and now doctors have said they will have to wait until she’s older to see if she has been left with brain damage.

My baby girl swallowed a water bead and nearly died  - don't buy them please
First aider reveals the red flags to watch out for if your child suffers a fall

In order to show how these beads work, first aiders have revealed a terrifying video which shows the damage they can do.

Posting to Tiny Hearts Education on Instagram, CEO Nikki Jurcutz shows the small bead going down a tube.

As the bead hits the water, it can be seen expanding in the tube, where it then gets stuck.

The expert explained that these tiny beads can expand up to 400 times their original size when they come into contact with liquids.

Nikki said that while the beads are advertised as ‘non toxic’, if they are swallowed they can absorb liquid and expand in the intestinal tract.

This can be deadly to your child, as not only are they a choking hazard but they can cause a number of other issues.

Nikki said these are:

  1. vomiting
  2. skin irritation
  3. severe dehydration
  4. pain
  5. an obstruction in the intestines or bowel
  6. choking risk.

She also said that there is a risk of little ones putting them in their ears and up their nose too.  

Nikki warned: “Water beads may not always show up on an x-ray or CT scan, making it tricky to identify where in the digestive system they are at.

“However, they may be spotted using ultrasound, but as with any ultrasound, some of the beads may be missed.”

The guru added that the best way to avoid danger from the beads is to not use them at all.

Dad left mortified after toddler finds her Christmas presents from Santa
Cadbury fans are all saying the same thing about the Heroes advent calendar

However, she said if you do, you should always supervise your little ones, even older children.

She added that you should also only let them play with the beads once they have been soaked in water and to educate children on the dangers of using them.





Source link

Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.