Aussie rap superstar The Kid Laroi has come under fire for cancelling a show in Melbourne at the last minute, as it has been revealed his mother is facing court on fraud charges.
The Without You musician cancelled his Friday night Melbourne show 35 minutes after he was set to take the stage due to illness.
The 18-year-old, who has been labelled Australia’s biggest musical export in decades, posted a lengthy apology to his waiting fans on social media, claiming to be too unwell for his scheduled performance.
“To say that I’m sorry is an understatement,” he wrote on Instagram.
“I promise you with all my heart that I gave everything in me to try and get up on that stage tonight. This is my first ever tour and I absolutely hate that I’ve had to do this, especially so last minute.”
But his fans were not pleased, as the crowd supposedly chanted “bulls***”and booed while leaving the arena, with others resorting to throwing cups of beer across the venue.
The backlash didn’t stop there as fans took to Twitter to express their anger and disappointment with the artist worth an estimated $4 million, believing his withdrawal was due to a hangover.
The Sydney-born artist, who has collaborated with the likes of Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus, was spotted partying at various Melbourne clubbing hotspots the night before, with evidence splashed over Tik Tok.
If you’d like to view this content, please adjust your .
“Not the Kid Laroi skipping his concert because he went to B*llboards. If you’re gonna be too hungover to do your show the next day at least pick a better club,” one fan wrote.
“So The Kid Laroi cancelled his Melbourne show last night 40 minutes after he was supposed to come on stage. Statement says he’s severely unwell, yet seen partying last night off his face?” said another.
The backlash comes as Laroi’s mother, Sloane Howard, reportedly turned herself in to Sydney police over an outstanding arrest warrant just days after returning to her former home town.
Howard was said to have appeared in the Downing Centre courts on May 30 and pleaded not guilty to a charge of dishonestly obtaining financial advantage by deception.
Police officers reportedly began an investigation in 2018 into Howard’s allegedly fraudulent credit card transactions, and executed an outstanding arrest warrant on her four years later, on May 26 last week.
It is reported that the Australian rapper’s mother has been excused from attending court on June 27, if she is represented by her lawyer.
Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.