Netflix has new local and international content coming to the streaming platform this June. Here’s a look at what you can expect.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON NETFLIX THIS JUNE
Are you ready for next month’s binge to begin? Brace yourself for a journey of epic proportions as Collision – Netflix’s newest African drama-thriller, makes its way to your screens this Youth Day 16 June. A tale of a post-Apartheid Freedom Day celebration navigating through different challenges with an all-star cast.
The Jennifer Lopez documentary Halftime, will also be landing on the service this June. Viewers will get a behind the scenes look into the icon’s career, giving us a glimpse of her preparations leading up to her iconic Super Bowl performance.
ALSO READ: The Sussexes: Prince Harry & Meghan docuseries coming to Netflix
NETFLIX LOCAL CONTENT
Collision – 16 June – Over the course of one fateful day, a corrupt businessman and his socialite wife race to save their daughter from a notorious crime lord.
- Floor Is Lava: Season 2 – 3 June – The obstacles have changed but don’t worry — the floor is just as red and bubbly as you remember. New this season: a very slippery volcano.
- Interceptor – Netflix Film – 3 June – The last officer standing on a remote missile defense base wages the battle of her life against terrorists aiming 16 stolen nuclear weapons at the US.
- That’s My Time with David Letterman – 7 June – Each of the six episodes spotlights one comedian, including a 5-minute stand-up set and conversation with Letterman.
- Peaky Blinders: Season 6 – 10 June – The Shelbys suffer a crushing loss. Four years later, Prohibition’s end turns Tommy toward the opium trade, forcing him to ally with his worst enemies.
- Halftime – 14 June – Global superstar Jennifer Lopez reflects on her multifaceted career and the pressure of life in the spotlight in this intimate documentary.
- Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend – 15 June – Rising food stars face off with Iron Chef icons. Only the very best goes to the battle royale finale to win the gold knife and Iron Chef Legend title.
- God’s Favourite Idiot – 15 June – Melissa McCarthy stars alongside husband, writer and creator Ben Falcone in this comedy series about a sweet soul on a mission from God.
- Snoop Dogg’s F*cn Around Comedy Special – 16 June – Original comedy from Snoop, along with sets from legendary black comedians performing at the festival.
- You Don’t Know Me- 17 June – When all the evidence points towards his guilt, a man on trial for murder uses his closing argument to recount his love affair with a mysterious woman.
- The Hidden Lives of Pets – 22 June – Bow wows and purr-fect pets! Meet amazing creatures from around the world and dig into the latest science on our animal friends’ senses and skills.
- The Umbrella Academy – 22 June – The Emmy-nominated series about a dysfunctional family of superheroes returns for a new season.
- Man Vs Bee – 24 June – British comedian Rowan Atkinson (“Mr. Bean”) stars in this almost silent comedy about a house sitter’s war with a bee.
- The Man from Toronto – 24 June – A case of mistaken identity arises after a screw-up sales consultant and the world’s deadliest assassin—known only as The Man from Toronto— run into each other at a holiday rental.
- Pirate Gold of Adak Island – 29 June – An elite team of experienced treasure hunters come to a remote island in the Alaskan wilderness in search of buried pirate gold worth millions.
- The Upshaws: Season 2 Part 1 29 June – The family comedy from Wanda Sykes and Mike Epps returns with new episodes.
NETFLIX LICENSED TITLES
- Free State of Jones – 1 June
- Sex and the City: The Movie – 1 June
- Good Life – 3 June
- My Lover My Killer – 17 June
ALSO READ: ‘Stranger Things 4’: Inside Netflix’s anticipated world premiere [photos]
Denial of responsibility! insideheadline is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.